Research Triangle Park (RTP) is strategically located in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina at the center of three Tier-1 research universities – widely known as the largest research park in the United States and revered around the globe as a hub for innovation. It’s home to hundreds of companies – large and small, from science and technology firms, government agencies and startups to academic institutions and nonprofits. In the heart of RTP is the Frontier, a campus that offers office spaces for a variety of companies and organizations, meeting spaces, as well as educational opportunities and networking events for growing businesses and the diverse community.
Supporting this flourishing community is the Research Triangle Foundation (RTF). RTF, recognized as the “steward” of the Park – including the Frontier – takes seriously its role in creating a thriving business environment, promoting economic development and facilitating strategic partnerships that benefit the broader North Carolina community. For more than 60 years, RTF’s mission has been to accomplish three things:
- Facilitate collaboration between the Triangle universities
- Promote cooperation between universities and industry
- Create an economic impact for citizens of North Carolina
The leadership of RTF engaged Luminas to facilitate an evaluation of how effectively they were meeting the expectations and needs of their primary stakeholders – businesses located at the Frontier.
Specifically, their objectives were to:
- Discover the differential value that RTF creates for tenants compared to other leasing options
- Identify opportunities to increase the value provided to tenants
- Gather learnings that will help to develop a committed customer service approach in its operations
- Improve how RTF staff engages with tenants, and works internally as a team
The engagement provided RTF with clarity and insights into the stakeholder’s perspective on:
- the value they receive from the Frontier campus location,
- services and programming provided at the Frontier,
- how the Frontier compares to other office leasing options, and
- what actions the Foundation could take to create or enhance benefits for its business tenants in the future.
Check out our conversation with Scott Levitan, President and CEO of the Research Triangle Foundation